Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Update Weather Widgets to 4.0

Bookmark and Share
    iDevice
    iPhone 4
    iOS

Thanks for this. It actually doesn't work with my regular background, but when I turn on the iFlat 4 beta it works fine. Is there a way I can fix that?

Hey KrS, been a fan of your work for a long time. I have a question though...I love the ibnweather theme and would love to have on my ios4. I don't have a theme downloaded, just a wallpaper and glaskart icons. If I dl the ibnweather theme or another weather widget (if you have any suggestions as to which one I should use I would appreciate it) can I use ifile to do all the things you talked about to change it for ios4? I hope that made since. Basically, how could I use ifile to update the weather widgets to ios4. If possible at all. Thank you very much KrS

iDevice
    iPhone 4
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlockdemon View Post
    Hey KrS, been a fan of your work for a long time. I have a question though...I love the ibnweather theme and would love to have on my ios4. I don't have a theme downloaded, just a wallpaper and glaskart icons. If I dl the ibnweather theme or another weather widget (if you have any suggestions as to which one I should use I would appreciate it) can I use ifile to do all the things you talked about to change it for ios4? I hope that made since. Basically, how could I use ifile to update the weather widgets to ios4. If possible at all. Thank you very much KrS
    After downloading ibnweather to your phone follow the instructions Krs put in his tutorial and drag the widget back into the ibnweather folder. Yes you can use ifile to do it. You can find IBNweather under;
    Raw file system Library/themes/IBNweather.theme

Hopefully this help.

Ok...I went into ifile and went to bar/stash/themes/ibnweather/widgets.HTML. I copied the two lines unto the text. I'm not sure how or what you mean by putting it back into the ibnweather folder. If you don't mind please explain this to me. Thank you for your help. Also when you say it can be found in raw file system, where to I find that? Sorry for being a noob. Still trying to learn all I can. Thanks again

iDevice
    iPhone 4
    iOS
    :)

Hey

You need to edit the widget html file, add the lines and save it.

The problem that you can have;

doesn't work because the sources are not in to private/sources ( but usually, that the way it is)

Doesn't work because there is no wallpaper png image inside the theme folder. ( fix this by adding a png pic in to the ibnweather folder and name it; Wallpaper)

Hope this helps... I hear that ibnyaffa found a way to fix the need of the wallpaper png... but dont know much abou it

iDevice
    iPhone 4
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlockdemon View Post
    Ok...I went into ifile and went to bar/stash/themes/ibnweather/widgets.HTML. I copied the two lines unto the text. I'm not sure how or what you mean by putting it back into the ibnweather folder. If you don't mind please explain this to me. Thank you for your help. Also when you say it can be found in raw file system, where to I find that? Sorry for being a noob. Still trying to learn all I can. Thanks again
    Oh sorry I told you from iFunbox way not iFile.

iDevice
    IPhone 4
    iOS

thanks bro! i been trying to get this to work for awhile, and those two lines of code is just what i needed

iDevice
    IPhone 4
    iOS

hey Chris, i got it working but it never seems to update, only if i respring it. is this how it works, or do i need to tweak somethin? Im using twilight date & time... oh btw, what are some good time n weather widgets?
    thanks ~TIP