Thread: Can you get the same Apple clock on the iPad that's on the iPhone?

Bookmark and Share
    iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

Default Can you get the same Apple clock on the iPad that's on the iPhone?

I love the clock that comes on the iPhone and would love to run that app on my iPad - but it doesn't seem to be on there. I searched the app store and can't find that same app for the iPad - what's up with that? Is there any way to get that app onto the iPad? It's a nice app, simple, works well and does what I need. I use the timer quite a lot and that would be handy to have on my iPad.
    thanks for any help - sorry if this was covered elsewhere - I searched the forum and didn't see it listed.

iDevice
    iPhone 5S
    iOS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog View Post
    I love the clock that comes on the iPhone and would love to run that app on my iPad - but it doesn't seem to be on there. I searched the app store and can't find that same app for the iPad - what's up with that? Is there any way to get that app onto the iPad? It's a nice app, simple, works well and does what I need. I use the timer quite a lot and that would be handy to have on my iPad.
    thanks for any help - sorry if this was covered elsewhere - I searched the forum and didn't see it listed.
    I don't have an iPad so I wouldn't know. But I am sure there are many timer apps designed for the iPad on the app store. Have you searched?

iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

I did do a search and none of the ones I saw are nearly as nicely designed as the one on the iPhone - it's simple, elegant and IT WORKS! I wonder why they wouldn't have it available for the iPad?

iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog
    I did do a search and none of the ones I saw are nearly as nicely designed as the one on the iPhone - it's simple, elegant and IT WORKS! I wonder why they wouldn't have it available for the iPad?
    I found an app that's really similar! It's called iStandard Clock. So far it seems just like the iPhone clock app - looks just like it and has the timer and stop watch and everything.

iDevice
    iPhone4S
    iOS
    iOS6
    Carrier
    AT&T

Good find dude

iDevice
    iPhone 5S
    iOS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog View Post
    I found an app that's really similar! It's called iStandard Clock. So far it seems just like the iPhone clock app - looks just like it and has the timer and stop watch and everything.
    I am surprised they are short on nice timer apps. Although its probably a bit awkward to time something with it, lol. Anyway, glad you found something.

iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

No, not awkward at all - I use it when I put something in the oven and need to go check on it - but I can't hear the kitchen timer all the way in the living room. This is simple to set for that - the other few I tried you had to preset a time and give it a name and it was just really cumbersome. The only thing I did find is that the alarm doesn't seem to work - a lot of other people mentioned that in the reviews - so beware of that. I hope they fix it - but I do have other alarm apps and my phone to use for that if I need to. I'm sure they will fix the bug though since a lot of people are complaining about it. The timer and stop watch work great though and look JUST like the ones on my iPhone!

iDevice
    iPhone 4s
    iOS
    Carrier
    none

Nice find, I actually never noticed that the iPad doesn't feature the clock app, since I always did this on my iPhone, but now that you meantioned it, I downloaded the app you recommened as well.