Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can you get the same Apple clock on the iPad that's on the iPhone?

          
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Here Dieverdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

    Default Can you get the same Apple clock on the iPad that's on the iPhone?

    I love the clock that comes on the iPhone and would love to run that app on my iPad - but it doesn't seem to be on there. I searched the app store and can't find that same app for the iPad - what's up with that? Is there any way to get that app onto the iPad? It's a nice app, simple, works well and does what I need. I use the timer quite a lot and that would be handy to have on my iPad.
    thanks for any help - sorry if this was covered elsewhere - I searched the forum and didn't see it listed.

  2. #2
    MacCiti Geek iC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,203
    iDevice
    iPhone 5S
    iOS
    7.0.6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog View Post
    I love the clock that comes on the iPhone and would love to run that app on my iPad - but it doesn't seem to be on there. I searched the app store and can't find that same app for the iPad - what's up with that? Is there any way to get that app onto the iPad? It's a nice app, simple, works well and does what I need. I use the timer quite a lot and that would be handy to have on my iPad.
    thanks for any help - sorry if this was covered elsewhere - I searched the forum and didn't see it listed.
    I don't have an iPad so I wouldn't know. But I am sure there are many timer apps designed for the iPad on the app store. Have you searched?

  3. #3
    New Here Dieverdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

    Default

    I did do a search and none of the ones I saw are nearly as nicely designed as the one on the iPhone - it's simple, elegant and IT WORKS! I wonder why they wouldn't have it available for the iPad?

  4. #4
    New Here Dieverdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog
    I did do a search and none of the ones I saw are nearly as nicely designed as the one on the iPhone - it's simple, elegant and IT WORKS! I wonder why they wouldn't have it available for the iPad?
    I found an app that's really similar! It's called iStandard Clock. So far it seems just like the iPhone clock app - looks just like it and has the timer and stop watch and everything.

  5. #5
    Administrator Slate004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    2,966
    iDevice
    iPhone4S
    iOS
    iOS6
    Carrier
    AT&T

    Default

    Good find dude

  6. #6
    MacCiti Geek iC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,203
    iDevice
    iPhone 5S
    iOS
    7.0.6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog View Post
    I found an app that's really similar! It's called iStandard Clock. So far it seems just like the iPhone clock app - looks just like it and has the timer and stop watch and everything.
    I am surprised they are short on nice timer apps. Although its probably a bit awkward to time something with it, lol. Anyway, glad you found something.

  7. #7
    New Here Dieverdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    iDevice
    iPhone, iPad
    iOS
    iOS5
    Carrier
    ATT

    Default

    No, not awkward at all - I use it when I put something in the oven and need to go check on it - but I can't hear the kitchen timer all the way in the living room. This is simple to set for that - the other few I tried you had to preset a time and give it a name and it was just really cumbersome. The only thing I did find is that the alarm doesn't seem to work - a lot of other people mentioned that in the reviews - so beware of that. I hope they fix it - but I do have other alarm apps and my phone to use for that if I need to. I'm sure they will fix the bug though since a lot of people are complaining about it. The timer and stop watch work great though and look JUST like the ones on my iPhone!

  8. #8
    New Here gore87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    iDevice
    iPhone 4s
    iOS
    5.0
    Carrier
    none

    Default

    Nice find, I actually never noticed that the iPad doesn't feature the clock app, since I always did this on my iPhone, but now that you meantioned it, I downloaded the app you recommened as well.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •